Dean McNamara is an experienced exercise physiologist, sports scientist and strength & conditioning coach. He currently holds both accreditation as an Exercise Physiologist (AEP) and Sports Scientist (ASpS2) with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA), and is qualified Strength and Conditioning coach with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA).
Dean’s current positions:
- Exercise Physiologist/Sports Scientist/Performance Coach – Sydney Sports & Exercise Physiology
- Physical Performance Manager – Sydney Thunder
- Sports Science Consultant – Cricket Australia
- Sports Science Consultant – Cricket New South Wales
- Director – Sydney West Sports Medicine
Dean has a strong interest in the sports science and the management of athletes. He has completed a PhD at the Australian Catholic University. The focus of his PhD was monitoring workload and fatigue in elite cricketers. Dean continues to publish his work and has reviewed papers for several international sports science publications. Dean has held sessional lecturing positions at the Australian Catholic University in Sydney since 2007, in both the Undergraduate and Masters of Exercise Physiology program.