Are you an aspiring Exercise Physiologist with a passion for complex sports injuries and musculoskeletal pathologies?
Gaining the relevant work experience in this field will be crucial to land your dream job. Sydney Sports and Exercise Physiology take pride in nurturing up and coming Exercise Physiologists in a supportive and professional environment. This hands-on internship is a unique opportunity to work within multidisciplinary sports medicine facilities and provides a diverse mix of work across multiple frameworks.
Experience with Exercise Physiology Industry leaders
Sydney Sports and Exercise Physiology was established 10 years ago, we are an organisation located in some of Australia’s most renowned Sports Medicine Practices, across 6 multidisciplinary clinics across Sydney. Sydney Sports and Exercise physiologists are specialists in musculoskeletal pathology, complex sporting injuries, chronic disease management and progression of rehabilitation.
We consult from The Sports Clinic at the University of Sydney, Sydney Sports Medicine Centre at Sydney Olympic Park in Homebush, Sydney West Sports Medicine in Rooty Hill, Hills Sports Medicine Centre in the Hills District as well in South West in Narellan and Gregory Hills. As specialists in health and fitness, our Exercise Physiologists can help you towards achieving your goals. Sydney Sports & Exercise Physiology combines evidence-based treatments with highly trained professionals to deliver effective, personal and realistic advice.
Experience you will gain
Individuals who join our team will gain knowledge and experience in a highly skilled Exercise Physiology and athletic environment. Each week you will shadow, observe and participate in performance programming, and other services such as initial assessments, exercise prescription, reporting and administration, VO2 testing and reporting and will demonstrate clear justification and clinical reasoning skills.
You can expect to develop confidence in athletic and general population cases as well as state and federal frameworks including Medicare, DVA and WorkCover.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and driven individuals who have a passion for upgrading the lives of individuals with various conditions and goals.
These individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Obtaining ESSA accreditation in the year of the internship
- Own transport to various clinics across Sydney
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Strong communication and personal motivation
- Proactivity and ability to work within a team
If you are successful in obtaining an SSEP internship you are required to:
- Travel between multiple locations
- Dedicate up to 20 hours/week for the 6 week period
- Undertake additional readings and professional development as well as prepare and deliver an informing presentation on an agreed topic at the conclusion of your internship.
- Establish a mutually agreeable work schedule and clinic location
- Carry out required duties of the work experience to the best of your ability
- Dress and conduct yourself in a professional manner, consistent with all employees and other health practitioners
- Complete the agreed upon length of placement
- Submit and deliver the presentation which is high quality and engaging
- Evaluate the internship in terms of knowledge gained, experience received, and skills developed.
On successful completion of this internship you should be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply practical knowledge of assessing pathophysiology of targeted AEP conditions including metabolic, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary as well as health population.
- Prescribe appropriate athletic return to play programs and apply clinical knowledge in V02 protocols and testing
- Perform report writing with sound clinic reasoning skills and appropriate language
- Apply clinical reasoning to evaluate and select appropriate tests, outcome measures and demonstrate effective corrective exercise prescription
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and application in program design, justification and clinical reasoning
Email cover letter and why you should be selected to email@example.com